Vision and Values
Our vision is that Barnard Grove is a place for everyone to grow, learn and achieve, where concern for others is central to everything we do. Together, we inspire and empower, raising aspirations and enabling each individual to be the best they can be. The expectation is that our children are always ready, respectful, kind, safe and resilient.
In pursuing the highest possible achievements for our children, we will pursue the following values:
- Maintain a safe and secure environment in which all members of the school community are able to meet their full potential.
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum, with emphasis on the core skills of English, Maths, Science and Information and Communication Technology.
- Ensure teaching and learning opportunities are interesting and challenging.
- Work closely with parents and carers to monitor the progress of their children.
- Be open and welcoming, so that partnerships are established and stakeholders become involved in the daily life of the school.
- Actively promote equality and tackle any form of discrimination.
- Be inclusive – a key aspect of our work is to support the most vulnerable children to succeed and overcome personal barriers.